PREPARATION BEFORE ALL TREATMENTS
- Do not drink alcohol, coffee, strong tea, or take blood thinning medicines at least one day before the treatment
- Do not eat heavy and spicy foods on the day of treatment
- Do not use tanning beds at least 7 days before the treatment
- Do not perform acid facial peeling, facial cleansers, facial laser hair removal or laser removal of capillaries at least 1 month before the treatment
- Do not take Aspirin, Vitamin E, Niacin or Ibuprofen (NSAIDs) 1 day before the treatment.
- If you received botox injections, you should wait at least 1 month before the treatment
Prior to eyebrow treatment
- Do not tint eyebrows
- No waxing on face (min. two days prior to avoid skin irritation)
Prior to eyeliner treatment
- Do not wear contact lenses
- Do not wear lash extensions
Before lip treatment
- If you have herpes, consult your physician to begin a herpes outbreak protocol: (for example, ZOVIRAX or Valtrex).
- 3 days before, please use hydrating cream for lips.
Recommendations for your appointment:
- Any tweezing or waxing should be done at least 48 hours prior to the procedure; electrolysis no less than five days before.
- Any eyelash or eyebrow tinting or eyelash curling should be done no sooner than 5 days before or four weeks after the procedure.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following the eyeliner procedure. Remember to bring your glasses. You many resume wearing your contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pre-tattooed condition in 5 days.
- If you are having lip procedures and have any history of cold sores/ fever blisters/ herpes simplix, you will be required to contact your physician to obtain the proper prescription medication to prevent such outbreaks.
- Refrain from the over use of alcohol, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, Ibuprofin or Coumadin for 7 days before and 2 days after any procedure. Refrain from judgement- altering drugs for at least 24 hours prior to any procedure. No medication should be discontinued without first consulting your physician.
After Care For Permanent Cosmetics:
It is essentially relaxing and do nothing! For best-healed results, you should avoid working out, sweating, any makeup around the SPM for at least two weeks. Most importantly, it is important not to pick at the flaky/dry skin. The flaky skin need to shed naturally. It is also recommended to stay out of heavy sun exposure and avoid any facial treatments throughout the healing process. After the procedure, you will be given an aftercare ointment to be applied two to three times a day after washing the treated area. It is very important to keep your newly shaded SPM as clean as possible.
If there is any swelling immediately after the procedure, an ice pack should be applied for no more than 2 minutes at a time.
You may experience the following for several days after the procedure. Do not rub skin when washing your face for at least 7 days
- Do not pick or scratch tattooed area.
- For after care on hair simulation procedures, do not wash the area, scrub, pick, or get any chemicals on the area until it is healed.
- Do not wear contacts 5 hours after eyeliner procedure
- Do not wear makeup on tattooed area until area has healed
- Use sun screen and avoid harsh chemicals or Retin A, this may color to fade or discolor.
- Do not put anything at all on tattooed area except Lucas’ Papaw ointment/Vaseline. That includes lotions, tanning creams, makeup, antibiotic ointment, Retin A, or terri cloth towels.
- The tattooed area will be dark for the first several days and will fade. Lips will fade about 50% after the first three days into a natural shade. While healing, the tattoo will look spotty.
- Stay out of chlorinated pools, sun beds for at least 3 weeks.
- Do not use antibiotic ointment or anything else during healing.
- If cold sores are seen on the lip area, call your doctor for a Valtrex prescription ASAP. Put nothing else on the lip area!
- You may apply Lucas’ Papaw ointment on your lips every hour for the first three-four days. This will prevent dryness.
- Please sleep upright for the first night.
- No smoking immediately following the lip procedure. If smoking can be avoided, apply a heavy coating of aquaphore and cover your lips with your hand while smoking.
- No Gym at least 2 weeks after a treatment
Avoid for 1 week:
- Soaps, facial cleansers, water on pigmented areas
- Washing pigmented area
- Chlorine pools
- Retin-A on pigmented areas
- Makeup on pigmented area for 5 days, including non-allergenic
- Hot, steamy, long showers
- Sun on pigmented areas
- Spa, jacuzzi or saunas
- Terry towels on pigmented areas
- Shower with your back to the water to avoid water, shampoo and conditioner from getting into the pigmented areas. Have a sufficient amount of Shea Butter or Shea Oil on the pigmented area during showers
Do not be alarmed by fading after the first application. The final color cannot be judged until at least 4 weeks after the touch-up applications are completed. This is the reason follow-ups are required.
NOTE: Inform your doctor if you plan on having laser so that he can cover the tattooed area. Also collagen and permanent makeup do not mix! If you want collagen, get collagen first and permanent makeup after. You may have to get more touch-ups with collagen because of the lip distortion after collagen.